• An organization dedicated to artistic excellence and to “Redefining the musical experience for our times.”
• A fully-formed non-profit corporation.
• A group of select talented, successful and passionate individuals who comprise the leadership.
• Committed to collaborative projects centered on music but
including an array of arts—dance, film, vocal, spoken word and more.
• Integrating traditional music with new music and chamber music with the large orchestra repertoire
• Committed to being a fiscally responsible organization by fully funding performances prior to presentation
long-held vision of the very talented and creative Guillermo Figueroa
led to the forming of The Figueroa Project. The group plans to present a
minimum of eight concerts in the 2011-2012 Season, with a number of
additional performances to be scheduled. Unlike a traditional symphony,
The Figueroa Project will be versatile and flexible, with the ability to
bring to a performance the best musicians available, without weighty
contractual traditions that limit the ability to step out of the box.
The Figueroa Project will present a variety of music in creative and
unexpected ways by partnering with other artistic organizations in the
state. From small chamber groups to full orchestra, musicians will be
selected who possess great skill, passion and the ability to bring new
energy to their performances. Planned events will range from intimate
chamber ensembles to full symphonic concerts to outdoor performance that
breaks the mold by integrating classical music with popular genres.
Figueroa Project will present a minimum of four concerts at the
historic KiMo Theatre, the organization’s new “official home, in a
unique partnership with the City of Albuquerque.” This collaborative
effort with the KiMo will bring new audiences into the theater and the
downtown area, and the group will work with a number of other arts
organizations in planning multi-venue events, such as receptions in art
galleries prior to performances.
Figueroa Project is a new, fresh and dynamic approach to classical
music, tailored to our times, in order to bring new energy, excitement
and audiences to energize the musical life of Albuquerque and New